*please scroll all the way down for links to other great blogs, my archive, and to follow or get new posts by email. to contact me directly, email kylaluaz at gmail dot com. *


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just Two Poems

Sparkles of a different kind. Photo by Kyla
In the writers forum, there is a game in the poetry section, where one person will write a poem and then call out a word from the theme of that poem to be the subject of the following poem. A recent word was "sparks" so I wrote this:



Sparks

I once watched
thousands of them

flash patterns that were
surely code,
coordinated, wise.


Another time and place,
I saw multitudes 
in nightly silent slow explosions
but then that leafy home

got cut down.

Just now there came a few
outside my window.

H
ere a spark, there....
Not enough to speak

their lightsong of thousands,
enough to remind
but not enough
to dance.


Gold. Photo by Kyla


I had thought that was the word that was "up" to be played on, but when I went to post I saw that someone else had already written the "sparks" poem and left the next word, which was "pollen".

So I wrote this one:

pollen
seasons us,
its quiet sift
persists
so all is fertile
the whole world
breathes birth
no escape
from this gold dust
 

4 comments:

  1. I like these! And I can so relate to the pollen one! It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poems! Exquisite photos! You have a wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gail, what a nice compliment. Especially from one so talented and skilled as yourself.

      Delete

Followers