*please scroll all the way down for links to other great blogs, my archive, and to follow or get new posts by email. to contact me directly, email kylaluaz at gmail dot com. *


Saturday, November 2, 2013

Time Change Time

Time To.  Photo by Kyla
Yeah. Fall forward, Spring back, right?

My clocks are all going out dancing around midnight and I don't expect any sense out of them til sometime mid-week. At some point they'll stagger homeward, dragging cords, shedding a stray numeral here and there, chips in their plastic and scratches on their faces. They'll hover at my windows, buzzing and chiming and ticking, until I wake up and decide whether or not to let them in.

One year I didn't. I'd gotten sick and tired of time altogether. That year it took three days for them to give up. One of those still lives under the back porch, I think, because occasionally I see a faint digital glow through the floorboards out there. The others washed down the street in a sudden rainstorm, and I never saw them again.

The next week I had to give in and go buy new clocks. My cat kept waking me up, wanting to know what time it was.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kyla ~ I wish I knew how to put the symbol of a HUGE smiley face ~ Hi 5 to you will have to do ...................... Love Ariane xxx 1:44

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this timely gem.

    ReplyDelete

Followers